Sunday, May 3, 2009

Can You Resist?

I, being a almost strict-ish vegetarian who still likes the taste of meat, hate fast food commercials just as every woman has since the dawn of time. They usually feature a thin woman enjoying her Micky-dees. I'm sure, among the male population, this advertising is wildly effective. The business model is that you should tempt the heck out of your audience. When I glanced over at discarded box of Mcnuggets that was tossed on the side of the road I was faced with temptation worthy of the devil. In the McDonalds yellow they pass for gold "can you resist?" was making it's evil way from the cardboard to my hungry eyes. I'm now going to steal something that Heather Cherry does often on her blog and write an open letter.

Mcnuggets Have a website, complete with a pledge to eat them. A pledge?

Dear Chicken Mcnuggets,

Yes, I can resist. Do I want to? No.

Who named you a
.nyway... Mcnugget? Nugget was an unattractive word by itself but then someone had to add the infamous "mc" to it to make it even more unattractive, but almost appetizing.

I don't get why you ask me if I can resist. If someone already bought the darn thing and that would be the only reason for having to look at the box why would you advertise it to them? They can't resist- that's why they bought it.

Why do you have to tempt people to steal their friend's already purchased Mcnuggets? What do you gain from it? Do you target innocent vegetarians like me who are still learning to resist? Do you plan on irresponsible people tossing their discarded boxes on the side of the road... is that your business model?

Mcnugget, my only explanation is you find gratification in my pain.

Mcnugget, you just keep on lovein' it" while you can!

Your mortal enemy,

P.S.

PS, I'm certainly not "lovein' it"!

7 comments:

  1. You are probably not old enough to remember the original McNugget. Made with chicken "parts". Now they are made with "white meat" chicken. HUGE difference.

    I am not sure which were better....hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is the last time I ate them (3 years ago...?) they were delicious- not at the time but they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkle, nice first Open Letter post. Make sure to check out my new blog (with some other blog friends) of all Open Letters. It's linked on my sidebar. Fair warning, all of my letters are G-rated but some of the others' are more PG or PG-13. ;)

    And Pris is right. The new nuggies are amazing compared to the old squishy chicken-flavored gelatinous thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather, hope you don't mind my stealing your's and whoever else's open letter thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started a diet and am determined to stick to it so LATER mcnuggest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always try to sneak by quietly when there are McNuggets in the room. They're dangerous. Oh, sure they lie there on the plate looking innocent, but we know better, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go Banteringblonde! Show that Mcnugget!

    Vic, we all know that they're evil, already in their perfect bitesized pieces...

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)