Saturday, May 16, 2009

What I'm NOT Buying This Weekend

It seems to be that part of the usually temporary obsession where I start to lose interest. My enthusastic daily post have dwindled into brief sometimes-maybe post. In spite of this I still must not shop!



I saw this dress while on my way to have my hair amputated.
 It is a Rebecca Taylor for the surprisingly reasonable price of $240.00 at Tula Blue in Myrtle Beach

Of course there was an adorable boutique across from where we were going to kill my hair... why would my money enjoy it's cozy home in my wallet?

Now, for tradition's sake, I must find a (imaginary) place to wear this dress. I'd be Nancy drew, magnifying glass at hand with tin of lip balm (for some reason tin, not can, it seems more old fashioned-ey, or British, but ether work) that I'd find some strange sleuth-ey use for like Nancy always does with random objects. The typewriter still would work here, I'd be more hunched over it- more stressed with what ever current case was at hand.

I after fantasizing about seeing myself in this lovely dress I proceded to get my hair done:

He did not even warn me: one second he was innocently tying them in cute pony tails and the next medusa's snakes were in his hands. My mom when documenting the event, even managed to get my surprised expression in the mirror.

This week I saved $240.00 and lost two snakes of knotted blond.

7 comments:

  1. You really do look stunning with your new haircut.
    Summer is coming, the weather is turning and no one wants to sit at a computer...enjoy being young and don't worry about blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful. Simple, sweet, summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so precious. I'm glad you took that close up that shows a little better how beautiful the fabric is. I have to agree with our goat friend, Pricilla. Be young, be happy, blog only when you really want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Viridian, I love how I can take a dress that isn't even mine, post it, have it complemented, and get to take credit!

    Pricilla, thanks, I still kinda miss my hair though...

    Moi, I know! I'm allowed to complement it because I don't own it so I'll tell you how much I love it! I love it!

    Mom, ugh, still thinking about that dress, sitting in a cold closed boutique alone, and sleuth-less!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair Sweet Pea! You are gorgeous no matter how you wear your hair- how lucky are you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty hair cut!! (That first SWAK of the scissors is a shock, isn't it?? :)

    I also love the dress you are not buying.
    Happy summer, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)