Saturday, May 2, 2009

What I'm NOT Buying This Weekend

Jacqueline Dress- Anthropologie- $98.00

Old & New Necklace- Anthropologie- $218.00

Full Bouquet Clip- Anthropologie- $18.00

Sigh. Oops, did I accidentally forget to dress for the 21st centry, oh well...

Last week I was sitting pretentiously reading in a used books store, this week I may be sitting at my typewriter clicking away to the sound of the static and muffled words of the radio that was sitting dustily in the corner. But, if I have a typewriter in my little old-time-ey fantacy, don't I need:

The Clickity Typewriter Of My Dreams- eBay- starting bid $24.00 mere dollars

I can imagine myself pounding at the keys, in that dress, and that clip, and those pearls, but my image is spoiled by the buzzing of the computer moniter in the backround, the sound of Muse's (the best band to ever live- sorry adults but don't I have to have a little teenager in me?) Matt Belamy's piano solo in Butterflies and Hurricanes dancing it's genius way to my ears, and the modern air that unfortunatly always seems to hang annoyingly in the air.


I was born in the wrong time- but that doesn't mean I can't dress for the time I should have been born in...

11 comments:

  1. PS, love your finds this week. I can so see you rocking the antique Corona. If only they still made the ink ribbons for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, your mom is right. We were twins separated at birth. Even if our births were something like 17 years apart, lol. Love the bit about the "modern air hanging in the air."

    I love Muse. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true mom! I bet they still made the ink maybe for museum exhibits or I dunno, other people like me.

    Heather Cherry, gosh, until I entered this wonderful world of blogging I had no idea that people actually liked any of that stuff! Heather we are twins, 17 years smevensmeen-smears (which makes more since when said aloud). Glad you love Muse, good to know that other people can like the stuff I do and still love the space-like riffs of Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to tell you this but the publicist learned to type on a machine not too dissimilar to the one shown. She now shuffles off to take her Centrum Senior and drink her Metamucil.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA, got it, Sparkle. Muse reminded me of Radiohead when I first heard them so instantly became interested in them. You are SO COOL. I was in class the other day (I went back to college last year) and this 20-year-old was all, "What's a typewriter?" I'm sorry... what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, P.S. You need to go read my very first "Vintage Ads" post. It talks about how I shoulda been born in another time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pricilla, I learned to type under the buzzing of public school florescents and frying in the stare of a underpaid teacher who wants to share her woes with the class. Publicist, consider yourself lucky.

    Heather, really? Our similarities are getting kinda creepy... I'll go check your post out.To add To the creepy-ness I'm also a LOST (yes, they're cool enough to get all caps) fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just noticed your other comment (btw I'm so over the whole inflation thing), I like Radiohead too! They do sound like Muse, but in most of their songs they are less Space-Rock-like. I had no idea people were aloud to like Alternative Rock and Vintage stuff at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, that ribbon pin is so cute! The typewriter, though, that's one of the coolest accessories I've seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks sis! Love ya too!

    moi, thanks for checking out my blog! I know, I feel like just walking around with my typewriter instead of a laptop. I love hair pins, but with my kinda maze-like hair it is hard to find them after I put them in- thus the huge one.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)