Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Things I Won't Miss About My Hair

I'm about to chop off about 10 inches. I've developed a very personal relationship with my hair. The tips have been to Paris; they still smell like tobacco smoke and chocolate. The Middle has been to Hawaii; a little blonder than the rest from the hours I wasted attempting to get a tan. I've been "about to cut it" for about a year now. I never thought it was particularly long until I found myself avoiding shaking my hair so often- it was starting to hurt. Moving my hair was becoming a big production that requires much effort and neck muscles.



My hair is ridiculously thick like my moms. At birthday parties when we are doing makeovers I have always secretly found pleasure in watching girls' faces fall as they twine their fingers around my ponytail and notice it's healthy circumference. I've always wanted it long, just because mom did not advise it. It is unbelievably hard to manage, how I envy those who can flip their hair without worrying about pulling a muscle or getting slapped in the face by deep-fried-blond (I straighten my hair a tad too much).

When it's off I won't have to worry about:
Having to screw my head back in the right position,

Having to navigate my way out of my own hair,

Or being mistaken for a blond troll doll.
(Photos by Margo)
I will miss you hair *sniff*... fare-de-well


8 comments:

  1. YEA!

    P.S. "Normal" is soooooo overrated. And you aren't pretty. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Thats so nice of you!

    The only reason I put "normal" as a lable is to just make my lable list look like I've been blogging for more than two seconds.

    I love your new haircut- it's inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the kind of hair that the publicist always dreamed of....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.

    Hey, thanks! Can't wait to see pixes of your new strands! Are you gonna donate your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a big decision to cut your hair, but I bet you'll like it! My daughter had long, long hair (red!) and decided to cut it very short a month or so ago .

    We were both a little scared, but it looks great! And so will yours.
    Can't wait to see a new picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pricilla! If it helps I never really liked my hair that much just because I'm lazy.

    Heather, yeah I'm donating it- I hate to pass it's burden onto another so I'm donating two (not in length one on each side) ponytails.

    Thanks Vic, I hope it looks good, for some reason every time I cut my hair short I feel it makes me look much younger than I am (which is not optimal at my age).

    Everybody have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Troll Doll! Ahahahahaha! I loved that reference. i had a HUGE collection of those when I was your age in the early 70's! You are gorgeous BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nan-nan! I just got back from the hair place-it's off.

    I was terrified of troll dolls until...well maybe I still am. Why are they always naked?

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)