Monday, April 13, 2009

Jersey Girl

My parents lived in Europe. Not just an overnight stay they lived there. While living there they had my older sister; who got to be born there. After having the exotic first born in Holland they moved back to the U.S. just to have me, the lesser second child.

They knew that I wasn't going to be as good of a child so they had to flee to New Jersey to have me so that I can be eternally punished for being born after my sister. Only cool babies are born abroad. That's right,I was born in New Jersey the famous "Garden State" that every one hears so much about. I have nothing personal against New Jersey I'm sure it is a fine state, but what type of parents let such a thing happen?

My sister's name is Holland, just to make it better. My mother claims it is a family name and that is the only reason for the name but I doubt it. I'm constantly reminded "Your sister was born in Holland" from every name tag she wears. I can be thankful that they didn't name me Jersey but it doesn't console the annoyance.

On her passport "The Netherlands" is printed under "Place of birth". She gets to say she was born in Holland. Who would not resent my birthplace in my situation?

As stated in my mother's blog on the same subject, I do believe they did it on purpose. I was not worthy of a foreign country; I was the second born.

7 comments:

  1. The publicist was born in Philadelphia and then her family MOVED to New Jersey. Actually chose to live there. Now she is in Montana. Where she is always cold.

    There are lots of good things in NJ - tomatoes, Silver queen corn, blueberries, access to New York, great beaches,Cape May. I could go on but just remember that your sister is below sea level every time you hear her name....and you rise above. Not to cause sibling rivalry or anything. The publicist only has brothers so she knows nothing about sisters. And she is a first born....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it possible that you are 13? I don't believe it. It's not true! No way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pricilla! I guess the only reason I complained is I'm a teenager and my lack of European-ness was the only thing I can complain about. It's my job to whine, right? Who needs wind power, tulips, and dairy (except for your goat's milk of course) anyway?

    Heather Cherry, yeah, I'm thirteen. As much as I wrongly represent this age group, I still am somewhat teenager-ish upon occasion. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    I feel so cheap, commenting on my own blog I may have ever so many comments but most might be mine so ignore the numbers. I'll get over it.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously impressed with your mature writing. You remind me of a younger me, lol! Also, don't sweat it about your comments. I respond to just about every comment on my blog so my numbers become just a bit inflated, too. I'm over it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've cracked me up this morning, sweet girl. Commenting on your own blog is perfectly acceptable. think of it as a post modern phone conversation. Numbers are for sissies, and Holland (whom in spite of her Euro-coolness, I still think I'll keep too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Holland, but :(

    Thanks Heather Cherry!.I'm very flattered that you called me a younger you- that's great! That was really nice of you!Thanks...again!

    Mom, thanks for laughing, even though you've heard the same angry rant millions of times!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)