Monday, April 20, 2009

Heyyyyyyyy Wattttt izzzzz uppppp????

I, in my (failing) quest to be modern, use AIM to talk to my friends. I am not nearly adept in chat etiquette. I thought I knew enough at "lol", "btw", and "ttyl" but upon "chating" with people I have found that everything has changed, again.

The first sign was when I was greeted with a "heyyyy" instead of "hey". Why the extra "y"s? Apparently subtracting vowels is also popular. "whts hpping?". OMG is now oh-em-gee. For some reason "cool" has been replaced by "kewl"; does it not take more effort to change letters then to repeat them? I'm told the reason for the new language is to be faster, but I think it is just to have an excuse to make up a new language
I understand the concept of "lol"- its what you say when something is funny, but now it is just what you say when you don't know how to respond. Lol may be the hardest thing to respond to, but apparently I'm supposed to respond with another lol or haha. I've seen conversations of just hahas and lols; I'm wondering what is so funny! What is the point of chatting when no information is communicated?
Imagine what a verbal IM conversation would sound like:
PERSON ONE: Heyyyy (pronounced haaaaayyy)
PERSON TWO: Heyyyyy
PERSON ONE: Watz up?????? (pronounced like spelled- all question marks are said aloud)
PERSON TWO: nm u? (pronounce nim u)
PERSON ONE: nm
PERSON TWO laughs
PERSON ONE laughs
and on and on...

another thing iv notticed iz dat ppl are giving their similes multiple smiles. is dis a statement about multiple chined ppl? :)))))))). y r our smileys obeast????
ppl also think is is just FINE to florget caps and punctuation unless they add empasis!!! i dont get it
Still don't get it...

P.S. For some reason my post did not get published with the correct spaceing sorry.

4 comments:

  1. lol
    u r so fnny
    I m roflol btw you r kewl 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I seriously do not understand some of that. Roflol sounds like a walfle knock off for people on diets.

    I had to consult my "texting dictionary" i.e. my friends for most of what I said at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you don't subscribe to all the obnoxion (new word I made up). Kudos!

    Kthxbai!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)