Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Not My Day

I was walking Lily, trying to get her to poop in our yard instead of the neighbors before going around the block, when I tripped. I was just walking down the street and I tripped, without a witness, I just fell. One of those "Glad no one saw that" moments. Of course, everyone only has so many of these moments, and all of mine are spent on other random spastic moments of uncoordination, so while I was laying on the border of my and my neighbors yard, a truck, redneck included, drove by, of course, because of some reason beyond me, Lily had to poop, right there, right on the obviously distinguishable property line just enough on the neighbor's side to be considered their yard. Of course I forgot a pickup bag. Today wasn't exactly my day.

Imagine what it would look like to redneck. I was just driving by on my way to (insert redneck-like destination here) when I saw this girl about your (he says gesturing to Mary Loo aged about 12) age sniffn' the grass. She was laying out like roadkill on somebody's lawn. I can imagine the story at many family gatherings to come...*shutter*

Redneck stopped and asked if I was ok, making a theatrical effort to muffle his laugh. I managed to stutter out a "yeah, I'm fine". Of course Lily was still making quite a show still pooping, right in the neighbor's yard

I thought only characters in books and movies randomly fell without any reason. I've never seen a person just fall. Due to my knees which are apparently plotting against me, I could not get up. To any witness that may show up in the next few seconds of immobility it would seem like I was deliberately on the freshly dewed and damped grass face down. Of course, my knees waited untill several unconcered minivanners drove by to finaly relive me of my embaresment.

Today's just not my day.

5 comments:

  1. If you want to make your fall look REALLY redneck, lie down in the grass with a bag of pork rinds.

    You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, fresh green grass. My favorite meal. I could do without the dog poop though.

    The publicist falls all the time. She attributes it to her advanced age and general unco-ordinatedness. That is a goat word I just made up. Somewhat like rimaties my word verification word - what is that a bunch of Australian sailors on your Margarita glass salt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic, I think that would have at least kept Lily from going to the bathroom (for lack of a better pharse).

    Pricilla, at least the publicist has something to attribute it to, I on the other hand can be completely cordiated at will and I'm only 13.

    Wendy, well I'm sure I did entertain the truck driver at the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifts! I think Lily plans it that way. She set the whole thing up, I betcha. I like the idea that you call it "performance art"

    ReplyDelete

Comment and receive a free surprise gift

not really... remember G stands for Greatness (in other words, keep it G rated)